Uncategorized

Ancient Mayan Salvadoran Village is “New World Pompeii”

Archaeologists are buzzing about the newest research at Ceren, in El Salvador. Ceren is the most well preserved Mayan village in Latin America. Unfortunately, the village met a tragic end when it was destroyed by a volcano sometime around A.D. 660.

ceren1

Professor Payson Sheets of the by University of Colorado Boulder discovered the village in 1978. It has been called the “Pompeii of the New World” after the famously preserved Italian village that was also destroyed by volcanic ash. Ceren met its end after the Loma Caldera volcano erupted from just half a mile away from the city. The blast spilled toxic gas, hot ash and lava all over the town. It also wound up with 17 feet of ash throughout seven days.

9 Comments

1. Pavlyuchenko says:

Never heard of this site before! would like to see it in person.

2. Aussie3 says:

Nice article!

3. Angie Kerber Jones says:

Stunning photos. The fact we can find places like these is stunning to me. I bet that’s the professor’s life work.

4. DO1 says:

So chilling to think they died that way. Much to learn still.

5. Maya says:

Why did they have autonomyy from the elites compared to other areas in central and south america?

6. Andy Anon says:

El Salvador is a country of contradictions.

7. nope says:

17 feet of ash? how awful

8. John Millman says:

so much more we can learn about the Mayan. many secrets to be revealed in the jungles.

9. cartierbraceletlove Is it ok to compliment 4’s or 5’s.  I am 54, and I have had my eye on a 25-ish girl.  I have had my eye on her for a few months.  She has a few extra pounds on her, and is not pretty, but is certainly do-able.  I do like her physically, as opposed to another young skater who had shown interest in me going a few years back, but I just could not find any angle on her that I liked.  I see her at the skating rink. (I roller skate well)  Since before I started reading PUA stuff.  I have been reading and studying now for about 3 weeks.  She is the type of girl, in my estimation, that falls through the cracks.  The girl that her own age group of guys, boys, does not pay attention to.  The type of girl who seldom gets a compliment.  Am I off base thinking a compliment would work here, or is it better to compliment NO woman?  I certainly see not complimenting any 8+.  Even not complimenting an average chick, 5, 6, 7.  This girl is a bit below average.  Would she be more receptive to  compliment.  Your thoughts?  (and YES, I am working on expunging my social programming to quit wanting to give a girl a compliment. I just wonder if it might be a plus in this case)  I have only done a few cold approaches.  Just warm ups, just chatting, getting eye contact, watching body language.
    love bracelet repliques cartier http://www.amourcabijouxtier.cn/cartier-love-bracelet-replica-c139/