A few days after suggesting that it would soon be possible to pay or send donations with Ether (ETH) on Discord, the instant messaging platform backtracked.
Jason Citron, creator of Discord , has decided to reverse his decision following the grumbling of many users.
- BTC Price Forecast: Inflation and taproot – Bitcoin targets $ 70,000
- Helium (HNT) Price Prediction: An important milestone spurs the course to reach 100$
- Decentraland (MANA) Price Prediction 2021: Decentraland back on track after consolidation can reach 10$ in 2021
Discord cancels its ETH wallet project
In recent months, several images of a Discord survey polling users of the platform about their interest in NFTs have appeared on the Web. A few days ago, Jason Citron, CEO of the American company, confirmed the Ethereum wallet integration project into the platform with a screenshot. Faced with user dissatisfaction, Discord finally reversed its decision.
Imagine a place…— Packy McCormick (@packyM) November 8, 2021
– Built for gamers
– Home to everyone playing the Great Online Game
– Has 150 million MAUs
– Generates $130 million in revenue
– Is a web3 sleeper@mariogabriele & I teamed up on @discord. We imagine the possibilities…https://t.co/8bZRL6dQe8
“ Thank you all for sharing your perspectives. We have no plans to deploy this internal project on a large scale. For now, our focus is on protecting our users from spam, scams and fraud. Web3 has its bright spots, but it still has a lot of issues that we have to solve at our own pace. More on the subject soon, ”the Discord boss said in a new tweet posted this Thursday, November 11.
Many users resistant to cryptocurrencies and their ecological impact immediately called for a strike movement and encouraged Nitro subscribers to cancel their paid Discord subscription.