The Polkadot ETP (PDOT) will list on the Swiss SIX Exchange on Thursday.
Switzerland-based investment product provider 21Shares is launching the world’s first exchange-traded product (ETP) for the polkadot cryptocurrency.
- 21Shares, formerly known as Amun, said Tuesday the Polkadot ETP (ticker: PDOT) will list on the Swiss SIX Exchange on Feb. 4.
- The firm said the listing came about because it wanted to stay “ahead of the curve” amid a surge in interest for the cryptocurrency asset class.
- Founded by Ethereum co-founder Gavin Wood, Polkadot is a blockchain network that supports various interconnected sub-chains called parachains.
- Last Friday, Polkadot was added to the 21Shares HODL basket ETP as the second-largest constituent after bitcoin (BTC, +5.21%), replacing bitcoin cash (BCH, +2.73%). As such, 21shares took the decision to give the crypto asset its own ETP.
- Polkadot market capitalization is currently around $15 billion, putting DOT at fifth place in the cryptocurrency rankings, according to CoinMarketCap.
- “European investors are approaching us to launch new products based on other key crypto assets to enable them easy access without the need of a private key or unregulated wallets and exchanges,” said Hany Rashwan, CEO 21Shares AG.
- In the next three months, 21Shares aims to add more ETPs, as well as new European exchange listings.
Polkadot (DOT) price prediction February 2021 Updated
What is the Polkadot price today?
The current price of Polkadot is 19.259 USD today.
Will Polkadot price drop / fall?
Yes. The price of Polkadot may drop from 19.259 USD to 1.541 USD. The change will be -91.998%.
Will Polkadot price grow / rise / go up?
CoinArbitrageBot’s forecast gives the green light for investment and expects a price increase in the long run. The price could still fall slightly below the current level in the coming year and be around $9. In the following years, however, this trend reverses. The Polkadot forecast for 2022 sees a 17.89 US dollar price, which will continue to rise in the next years. CoinArbitrageBot is slightly more optimistic than the first two expert opinions from this list and sees a price of over $40 as early as 2024. Overall, CoinArbitrageBot is thus bullish for the long term as well.
Walletinvestor’s forecasts are based on technical analysis by artificial intelligence. However, this seems to show a disastrous picture for DOT. While the forecast for 2021 is still bullish, Walletinvestor’s forecast resembles a total crash. Walletinvestor sees the share price plummeting by over 90 percent in the following years. Although the forecast of the analyses is pessimistic, a total loss is assumed already shortly in the case of DOT. Due to the lack of explanations, this forecast should be taken with a grain of salt.
The analysts at Digitalcoinprice, who specialize in crypto forecasts, agree with Coinpedia on many points in their forecast. They expect the price to rise to over 20 US dollars as early as 2021. With price increases of over 100 percent, Digitalcoinprice’s forecast for this year can be classified as unreservedly bullish. For 2022, on the other hand, they expect only a slight price increase with average prices of 26 US dollars. From 2023, the analysts then expect price growth and an annual increase in the average price of about 10 US dollars until 2025.
The experts at Coinpedia base their price prediction on technical analysis. For 2021, they expect a continuation of the price rally from 2020. By the first half of 2021, the experts believe that further price gains of up to 25 percent are likely. The year will close with a DOT price above US$10. In the following years, a further price increase is forecast. In 2022, Coinpedia expects a price of US$18.60, which could rise to over US$20 at its peak. In general, analysts believe that DOT could remain relatively stable in value in the coming years. However, a precise reason for this was not given. In 2025, the Polkadot forecast’s final year, Coinpedia predicts a price of over $35, which could peak at $42. That would be an increase of 223% on the current price (US$13; as of 01/2021).
Polkadot forecast 2021 to 2025: What the experts say
Polkadot already has a firm place in the crypto world due to its special concept. The project enables the connection of external blockchains to its own relay chain through its interoperable approach. In August 2020, the native DOT token conquered this world’s trading venues and recorded rapid price gains. A new all-time high is characterized, especially the transition of the year into 2021.
The forecasts we looked to paint a positive picture except for one case. Accordingly, the DOT token could also represent a good investment in the long term. Three of the four forecasts expect a price above $40 in 4 to 5 years. Only the usual critical analysts from Walletinvestor see a completely different picture and forecast a complete price collapse.
As always, these forecasts should by no means be used exclusively as the sole basis for a purchase decision. The experts’ opinions are usually based on technical analyses, which often do not consider external influences. Therefore, it is crucial to form your own opinion and use the forecasts only to create your own opinion.