Netflix has not yet confirmed the third season of “Dead to Me” (“Dead to Me” in Spanish), series created by Liz Feldman and starring Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. However, apparently at the end of the previous installment, Jen and Judy’s story will almost certainly continue in new episodes.
However, if renewed in the coming weeks, the next chapters’ filming would have to wait until the coronavirus crisis, which has affected the production of several series and movies, is controlled.
In the first season of “Dead to Me,” which premiered in May 2019, Jen, an unfiltered widow, searches for the person who ran over her husband and dumped him. Judy, optimistic and weird, is hiding something. The two meet and become friends immediately, but a secret will affect their relationship.
While in the second installment, which arrived on Netflix on May 8, 2020, the uncontrollable couple fight again to keep their secrets buried. With a surprising visitor arriving in town and Detective Perez hot on their heels, Jen and Judy take drastic measures to protect their loved ones and each other. It doesn’t matter at what price.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN SEASON 3 OF “DEAD TO ME”?
The end of the second season of “Dead for me” left several questions that should be resolved in a third installment. First, when Jen told Juddy that she couldn’t find where Steve was buried, she said to him that she drew a heart on a nearby tree. Shortly after, said drawing is shown and a dog digging in the ground. It appears to be Wood’s body.
So the call Ben receives is probably from the police informing him that they found his brother’s body. What will happen when you find out that Jen was responsible for Steve’s death? In addition, although Detective Pérez preferred not to arrest Jen, the case is not closed.
On the other hand, Charlie enters Juddy’s room and finds the letters that her mother wrote for everyone when she thought she was going to prison. How will you react to learning your family’s secrets? Will this affect your relationship with your mother?
In an interview with TVLine, showrunner Liz Feldman confirmed that neither Jen nor Judy saw Ben driving the car that hit them. “Exactly. We couldn’t resist the opportunity to even that playing field. Circumstances had to change if you ever wanted to see those two people in the same room again, basically. And it was definitely compelling to remove another layer of Ben. He’s a nice guy, but he’s not perfect. Everyone makes bad decisions,” he explained.
TRAILER OF SEASON 3 OF “DEAD TO ME”
The third season of “Dead to me “does not yet have an official trailer, but these are some of the previous installments.
ACTORS AND CHARACTERS OF “DEAD TO ME” 3
Although it is too early to talk about which actors will be part of the third installment of “Dead to me” it is clear that Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini, and James Marsden will return to play Jen, Judy and Ben, respectively.
Knowing which new actors will join the cast only remains to wait for the official announcement of the streaming platform.
- Christina Applegate as Jen Harding
- Linda Cardellini as Judy Hale
- James Marsden as Ben Wood
- Sam McCarthy as Charlie Harding
- Luke Roessler as Henry Harding
WHEN WILL “DEAD TO ME” SEASON 3 RELEASE?
The third season of “Dead to Me “does not yet have a release date on Netflix, but the new episodes will likely arrive on the streaming platform during the first half of 2021. However, it must also be considered that the coronavirus pandemic will delay several productions.
WHAT HAPPENED AT THE END OF SEASON 2 OF “DEAD TO ME”?
In the last episode of the second season of “Dead to Me, “with the intention of protecting her son Charlie, Jen looks for detective Ana Perez and confesses that she murdered Steve Wood. When the officer, for something incredulous, proposes to take her to the place where he hid the body, he cannot find Ben’s twin brother’s body.
Back in the car, both women share personal stories. When the detective receives a message informing her about Judy’s evidence, she decides to release Jen and not mention anything about it again.
Before Juddy hands her the letters Jen left her children, she appears and hugs her little ones. Later, they open up and fix their relationship. Each one takes on their problems with their respective mothers and works to solve them.
Later, Juddy recovers her paintings and with them a lot of money, with which they buy Lorna Harding’s house and a car for Charlie. When they return home, Ben’s car, which was heading to the police station, crashes into them, although no one seems seriously injured, which marks the closing of “Dead to Me” 2.
EPISODES OF SEASON 2 OF “DEAD TO ME”
- You know well what you did. As the two women grapple with the distressing events of the night before, Jen realizes that the neighborhood has eyes (and ears) in every corner.
- Where have you been? The arrival of an old friend of Judy with questions about Steve makes Jen nervous, who prepares for the worst. Suspicions of Detective Pérez increase.
- You can’t live like this. Jen and Judy can’t agree on handling Steve’s situation, but a risky plan is put in place when the threat looms near.
- Between you and me. Jen and Judy try to derail trouble during a weekend getaway, but their cathartic journey is cut short when they receive tragic news.
- The price you pay. Back pain, financial worries, and a nosy neighbor lead Jen to seek relief from an unexpected person. Judy connects with a caring soul.
- You don’t have to. Jen goes to great lengths to control the damage caused by Charlie’s motorized prank. Judy grapples with questions about Steve, and Henry suffers from stage fright.
- If you only knew. Judy experiences a rude awakening after a romantic night, as Jen tries to make a positive contribution to the community (and a client).
- It had to be you. Jen conflicts with a real estate deal. The consequences of Charlie’s adventure accumulate. After reconnecting with Michelle, Judy bumps into Pérez.
- Not you, it’s me. Carrying the weight of guilt and regret, Jen finds a way to unload pent-up emotions. Judy goes back in time, and the police uncover a clue.
- What do we do now? Determined to protect her family, Jen tries to tell the truth about Steve’s whereabouts, but thanks to Judy, things end up taking an unexpected turn.