30.8 C
New York
Thursday, June 20, 2024

Aliens or terrestrial activity? Check Statement From White House

In a White House press briefing, Kirby mentioned that a possible reason for the rise in the number of detected objects could be attributed to closer scrutiny of the airspace. However, he clarified that these objects do not pose a threat to individuals on the ground and do not display any indications of maneuvering or propulsion capabilities. In essence, while the increase in the detection of these objects may be partly due to technological advancements in surveillance and tracking, they do not seem to be a danger to people or exhibit any advanced flight capabilities.

On Monday, officials from the White House reported that three flying objects, which were unidentified, had been taken down since the preceding Friday. They stated that the objects posed a genuine threat to civilian air traffic but did not emit communication signals. John Kirby, a spokesperson for the National Security Council, explained that the military had not identified the origin of the objects or their purpose.

However, he added that there was no evidence indicating any danger to individuals on the ground. The recent incidents, in which US fighter pilots brought down additional unidentified flying objects, have contributed to growing concerns regarding the identity of these high-altitude orbs, who or what created them, and the potential implications for national security.

These events follow the week-long incident of a Chinese spy balloon, which the Biden administration claimed had floated above the US for several days before being intercepted.

Here are other key developments:

— Kirby said the objects over the weekend flew lower than the Chinese spy balloon that traversed the United States before being shot down this month so they posed a potential risk to civilian air traffic. Their altitudes ranged from 20,000 feet to 40,000 feet; transcontinental air traffic flies at about 30,000 feet, he said.

— Kirby said the administration was regularly briefing members of Congress as well as leaders in states — indirectly pushing back against criticism from lawmakers that the administration has not been forthcoming enough about what they knew regarding the detection of airborne craft, particularly the spy balloon.

— Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre confirmed that the White House does not believe aliens are involved in the UFOs being shot down by the U.S. military. “There is no indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns,” she said. (She also said she loved the movie “E.T.”)

— China accused the United States of regularly sending balloons into its airspace — more than 10 times since the start of last year, a foreign ministry spokesperson said Monday. But the United States rejected the idea: “Any claim that the U.S. government operates surveillance balloons over the PRC is false,” said Adrienne Watson, a National Security Council spokesperson, referring to the People’s Republic of China.

— After the spy balloon floated over the continental United States for a week before an F-22 shot it down Feb. 4, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD, adjusted its radar system to make it more sensitive. As a result, the number of objects it detected increased sharply. In other words, NORAD is picking up more incursions because it is looking for them.

Source: Indian Express

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.