The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has rebalanced its investment portfolio.
In the fourth quarter of 2020, he, in particular, sold half of Apple’s shares and completely closed positions in Alibaba Group and Uber Technologies. The fund announced this in a declaration for the fourth quarter of 2020, filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
What the Fund sold
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation fully sold shares: Alibaba. Earlier, the fund owned 552.4 thousand depository receipts of the Chinese company.
At the price at the end of the fourth quarter ($ 232.73 per share), he received $ 128.56 million for the package.
Compared to the end of the first quarter of 2020, the fund earned $ 21.13 million from Alibaba;
– Uber Technologies – 26.8 thousand shares;
– Real estate fund Boston Properties – 1.1 million securities.
In addition, in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Gates fund cut its share in shares by half:
-Apple – from 2 million to 1 million shares, having received $ 132.97 million for the package sold – at a price of $ 132.69 per share.
Compared to the third quarter of 2020, the fund earned $ 33.8 million;
– Amazon – from 60.46 thousand to 30.23 thousand securities;
– Alphabeth – from 43.1 thousand to 21.6 thousand shares;
– Alphabeth class C – from 42.98 thousand to 21.49 thousand securities;
Reduced the share in:
– telecommunications company Liberty Latin America – by 27.6%, from 935.3 thousand to 676.98 thousand class C shares;
– telecommunications company Liberty Latin America – by 25.37%, from 370.4 thousand to 276.4 thousand shares;
– Berkshire Hathaway – by 10.6%, from 47.1 million to 42.1 million class B shares;
– holding China Metro-Rural Holdings, engaged in logistics and construction in agricultural areas of China – by 0.86%, from 17.13 million to 16.98 million shares.
What the Fund bought
Finally, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation increased its stake in Schrodinger by 40.15%, from 4.98 million to 6.98 million shares. The purchase cost $ 316.13 million.