Solana Price Analysis: Amid ongoing market volatility linked to the approval of the spot Bitcoin ETF, the Solana price experienced a significant downturn over the past fortnight. Falling from its recent peak of $126.36, the coin’s value has dropped by approximately 25%, currently resting at $94.58. Nevertheless, a scrutiny of the daily time frame chart reveals the emergence of a bullish Flag pattern following this correction, suggesting a potential rebound with an upward trajectory toward higher price targets.
Potential Resumption of Recovery in SOL Price Indicated by Flag Pattern
- Robust pullback to 38.2% Fibonacci level
- Overall trend of the asset remains positive
- Upward breakout from flag pattern may signal correction completion
- Solana coin’s 24-hour trading volume: $3.3 billion
- Indicates a 12% gain
Solana, the fifth-largest cryptocurrency, experienced a corrective phase after its parabolic surge, reaching a peak of $126 in late December. The recent pullback led the price to a bottom of $85, aligning with the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level.
Nevertheless, a consistent formation of lower highs and lower lows on the daily time frame indicated the emergence of a bullish reversal pattern known as a FLAG. According to this pattern, the ongoing retracement might serve as a brief pullback to re-energize the depleted bullish momentum, setting the stage for the next upward move.
As per the Fibonacci extension, the spot-breakout rally could surge the altcoin by 58% to hit a potential target of $152.
SOL vs BTC Performance
In the last three months, both Solana and Bitcoin have demonstrated bullish price movements. Nevertheless, their recovery patterns exhibit notable distinctions. Solana (SOL) showcased a robust recovery characterized by substantial retracements, presenting favorable conditions for pullback trading strategies. Conversely, Bitcoin, as the primary cryptocurrency, displayed a more stable and gradual upward trajectory, making it better suited for breakout trading strategies.
- Exponential Moving Average: The 50-day EMA could continue to offer pullback support to buyers.
- Moving Average Convergence Divergence: A bearish crossover state between the MACD and signal reflects no sign of reversal yet in SOL from a price perspective.