Google has introduced a new widget for its note-taking and list-making application “Keep” called “Single note” on Android. This widget enables users to add an interactive note to their home screen. With the “Single note” feature of Google Keep, users can conveniently check off items from their to-do or grocery list directly from the home screen. If you want to use this widget on your Android device, here’s how you can do it.
To use the Google Keep Single note widget on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Unlock your Android smartphone and go to the home screen.
- Press and hold on an empty area of the home screen until options appear.
- Tap on “Widgets” from the options.
- Scroll down the widgets list and find the “Google Keep” app.
- Under “Keep Notes,” select the type of widget you want to add. You can choose the “Single note” widget to pin a specific note to the home screen. Alternatively, you can choose from “Note collection” and “Quick capture”.
- Press and hold the selected widget until the home screen appears.
- Move the widget to the desired location on the home screen and release it.
- If you have multiple accounts on your Google Keep app, select the account you want to use for the widget.
- If you choose the “Single note” widget, select the note you want to add to the home screen.
The Keep widget called “Single Note” enables you to quickly create a note or checklist on your home screen for effortless accessibility. When you tap on the note in the widget, you’ll be directed to the Keep app where you can edit the note as needed. Furthermore, if the note includes checkboxes, you can tick them off directly from the widget.
To make it easier to distinguish between various notes on your home screen, the widget design adapts to match the background color of each note. This way, you can quickly identify and access the note you need based on its corresponding color.